Sunday, October 30, 2005

Magical Mountain Story


I did not believe these stories until I saw for myself. But now I know.

My grandparents had warred us not to go near the river when it rains, but one day after the rain I looked up to see a beautiful rainbow in a sky. The rainbow was up against the wall, but it looked like it was right in front of us, close enough to almost touch with many fingers. A brother and I ran towards the rainbow. We were trying to get close to it.

It was getting close to that time of evening and the sun had started setting. The rainbow led us to the river. The river was so wide that you could not see the other side of it. When we arrived at the river, it started to get foggy. We were having a hard time seeing through the fog to go into the boat by ourselves. That evening we did not listen to their violent warnings and climbed into a boat that was on the river. We pushed away from the river's shore. As we paddled down river, we looked up to the shore. By the trees, on river's edge, we saw this beautiful creature walking backwards. It had long silky hair of main, the colour of the rainbow. Everything else paled in comparison. Its hairs was streaked with golden gold. The creature's hair hung down and floated on the water unlike any pearls i've ever seen.

We saw the creature clearly because of the rainbow's brightness, it looked like a horse. It was looking upward and it whinnied like a horse so true. Then it looked right at us and stormed. As it turned, I noticed it had a long pointed horn in the center of its forehead. The creature now looked golden.

I am nervous about tomorrow's game, I hope that everything goes good and Joan knows to leave me alone. Joan if you're reading this, you need to keep in mind that I'm not interested in anything that you have to offer.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there just aren't enough people to believe in the mysticals anymore.

3:21 PM  
Blogger cathy_sampson said...

Unicars are our only hope.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does it bother me? Because you come off as condescending. My never-born child "forgives" me, as if I've made some kind of mistake. I am past the childbearing age and I am happy not to have had children. If you stand by your decisions, and you lived with your best intentions and you believe the world is too fucked up, why does it hurt? Somebody's not being honest with herself here. And somebody lived with an awful lack of faith.

9:06 PM  
Blogger cathy_sampson said...

I DO STAND BY JMY DECISIONS and if you knew me, you would know for sure that I don't take no one's bull!!!!!!!! I'm so sick of you taking your attitude into town and flaunting it in everyone's face as if there is no tomorrow. There are consequences to what you do in life and the sooner you realize this the better off you'll realize something! At some point, you're going to look in the mirror and not know whos even in front of you staring back out of the mirror as a stranger and not yourself. That kind of thing happens every day in America and the sooner you see that it is you in the mirror, the better in touch with yourself you'll be and then you'll recognize that it is you in the mirror and not some stranger. You have to be honest with yourself in life, otherwise you won't know who you are and you'll wonder who that is looking back at you and it will make you feel like crap because it is like you never knew yourself the more you looked back. I dont know any beths in town so I assume you must be from a town over, but in the end, you'll realize that life just is too short to be doing that.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is a little bit of Beth inside everywon. Every single won of us. It doesn't matter if you see a stranger in a mirror, or yourself inside your self.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aren't you Pat's sister in law from Needles? Do you know where she keeps her kneepads because i'm really mad and I need those for tomorrow.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Beth, don't pretend you're not from "in town". I've seen you "in town", and I followed you to where you hid those pumpkins. Trying to let Cathy take the blame for it...well..that's so "in towner".

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home